Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Secrets


Secrets

You think because I’m old and withered,
I have nothing left to say?
Deep within these crumbling walls
lie secrets of summers gone,
when lilacs bloomed outside my door
sweet laughter danced over my windowsills.
Listen close,
you might hear a lover sigh a murmured promise,
of forever.
How foolish are the young.
A fine façade that fades so fast,
and leaves behind a summers song.
Even though the cold wind blows,
I still can hear you whisper
my name.
While tears fall silent,
in the snow.


3 comments:

  1. Holly, your writing, photography and paintings are outstanding. They move me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still wonder what the History from this house is...it takes me in a way....

    ReplyDelete