Thursday, September 8, 2011

Holding My Candle

For some years now I have used the term "Captured Reflections" as a description for my paintings. Since my subject matter most often centers around women, children and water, I felt it was a nifty way to describe what I was doing.
Lately it has occurred to me that there are other things that I am drawn to, including photography of the lake, clouds and other photos of things that capture my interest.  I also feel a desire to share my thoughts or reflections about life on occasion. Perhaps I might be fortunate to capture and reflect a nugget of insight along the way.
In this world of instant communication, there is much to fuel our fears and sadness.
I hope this blog will be my way of holding a candle instead of cursing the darkness.  If we share our light, I believe that we can make a difference and illuminate that darkness. I hope that you will find something of interest or share a comment if the spirit moves you.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful Holly! You are a light in the darkness my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new blog, Holly. Being a Light Worker through your beautiful thoughts, images and brushstrokes is a true gift for us all. Blessings, Cristina N. (one of your biggest fans!)

    ReplyDelete